Admission to the Barret School of Banking is open to bank employees, bank regulatory agency employees, and employees of businesses allied to the financial services industry, such as attorneys, accountants, and related professionals.
Updated information on the 2021 Session:
I hope this finds you safe and healthy! I know many of you have been anxiously awaiting a decision on our annual Graduate session. We have been closely monitoring directives from local and federal agencies, so that we can safely host the annual residency session in-person. Based on our discussions with Barret Board members, faculty, sponsors, partners, and participants, where we currently stand with COVID-19, and researching what other education providers are proposing, we’ve formed a plan for our three-year program. It is different from anything we’ve ever done, but then, none of us have ever dealt with a disruption of this magnitude.
Here is what we are proposing based on the most recent health-related protocols:
- Move Session to June (split up classes over 3 weeks)
- Senior Class June 6-11
- Junior Class June 13-18
- Freshman Class June 20-25
- We may offer a few classes online in the months leading up to June – to offer us more freedom to
schedule the core classes in-person during the respective week.
Separating the classes will allow us to socially distance people in on-campus housing, the dining hall,
- Six feet separation per person in classrooms/dining hall
- Two people per apartment, with single occupancy bathrooms
- Mask protocols in place based on health directives
- Participants will be split into different classrooms to maintain social distancing protocols, where
presentations may be video-streamed. The facilitator will rotate between classrooms to ensure each
class receives some in-person instruction throughout the week.
- For those who are unable to come to campus, we may be able to provide live streaming via Zoom.
- Our Board has agreed not to hold our annual meeting during school week, insuring less people on
- The University will hold minimal in-person classes during our June program and no events,
guaranteeing less people on campus. They have also agreed to keep all non-essential staff off
campus while we are holding our program.
- The annual school week lecture event will be held virtually, since the Shelby County Health
department will not allow large events on campus. Date TBD.
- Our cancellation policy (refund or credit) will be flexible during this time.
We need to know the following as soon as possible:
- Will you be staying on campus, hotel, or commuting?
- Do you know for certain you will only attend via live streaming (Zoom)?
On-campus housing request forms, hotel room block information, and more detailed scheduling will be
available in the next few weeks.
I am free to discuss any of this at your convenience, so please feel free to email me
(email@example.com) or call my cell at 901-270-3303.
Best wishes – Chris Kelley/Executive Director
Fees: $1,795/session • $310 for on-campus housing not included
1) A completed registration form
2) A letter of recommendation from the CEO or a senior officer of the organization that is sponsoring the student. Please email this info to us, fax 901-321-4099, or mail to us at Barret School of Banking, 650 East Parkway South, Memphis, TN 38104.